Emerson is Ten Months

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

I can't believe Thanksgiving is past us and Christmas is right around the corner. That can only mean one thing. Emerson is another month old and that one year is quickly creeping up on us. Can I be honest and just say that it completely stresses me out to think about trying to plan a birthday party right now? And, it completely breaks my heart to think that my baby is almost one year. And, I'm getting completely emotional and I'm just going to stop now. 



Emerson is starting to mimic us and it is hilarious. We'll stick our tongue out and she copies us and sticks her tongue back out. I know, not a great habit but she is starting to copy a lot of the things we do and it just makes me realize that stage might be upon us. Also, if you tell her to "clap," she claps. She is beginning to follow simple commands. 

She'll drop something and said "uhhh oh." On Thanksgiving Day, she dropped her sippy cup and my cousin picked it up and handed it back to her. I said "say thank you," and she said "thank you." I swear we all just stood there like "did she really just say that?" We were all kind of stunned. 

If we say "No," she just laughs and shakes her head side to side. She clearly knows what no means. 

She is still in size 2 diapers and 9 month clothing and weighs a whopping 17.5 pounds. We dropped 1/2 ounce of milk in her bottles since she's eating more food. I am still nursing her twice a day (morning and night) and I am probably going to start weaning around 1 year. My original goal was 1 year and I'm honestly shocked to say that I'm going to make it. I almost gave up on like week 2 but somehow pushed through all of the difficult times and can proudly say I'm happy I did. 

Speaking of food, she loves all of it. I can't think of anything that she has tried lately that she didn't like. She eats all of her snacks and lunch at school and sure did enjoy fried turkey and all of the sides for Thanksgiving. 

She has had two ear infections and the nasty stomach bug in the past month. I honestly don't think she ever fully recovered from the first ear infection and by the time we went back to follow up, the other ear became infected. The doctor switched up the antibiotics so I pray it knocks it out and that we aren't having a discussion about tubes anytime soon. 

We went and picked out our Christmas tree last night. She wasn't too impressed but once we get it decorated, I'm interested to see what she thinks of all the lights and ornaments. We are also about to find out if we need to guard the tree or not. I'm going to go ahead and say that we'll be ordering a gate from Amazon pretty soon. 

We took our family Christmas pictures two weeks ago and I can't wait to share those with y'all! I was super nervous to see how she was going to do, but I couldn't have been more proud. She was a little scared at first but completely rocked it and was totally cheesing by the end of it. 

Here are a few pictures from the past month.
















She is the sweetest little girl and is just always so happy. She will belly laugh when you laugh and it just brings me to tears. We have truly been blessed and couldn't imagine our lives without her. 


1 comment :

  1. Peak Kickboxing / Jiu Jitsu is a Martial Arts & Fitness Gym serving the Denver area. Centrally located in Lakewood this fully equipped Mixed Martial Arts School offers Muay Thai Denver kickboxing, Denver Jiu Jitsu, MMA training Denver, & Kids Karate & Martial Arts classes. We offer a FREE 30 Day trial to check out the classes and instructors. Students love the motivational atmosphere and the level of attention that the coaches give. If your searching for a Denver Martial Arts or Kickboxing class near Denver take a free trial with Peak Kickboxing / Jiu Jitsu and you will get inspired! Safest, Cleanest and Funnest place to start training in Mixed Martial Arts. Come give one of our awesome classes a try and check out our facility!


    Address: 9650 East Arapahoe Road Greenwood Village, CO, 80112

    Phone: (303) 799-4804

    business email: Info@kickboxingdenver.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin