Emerson is Eight Months

Monday, October 2, 2017

Emerson will be 9 months soon so I figured it was time to go ahead and post her 8 month pictures before it was too late. 


Emerson moved up to the next infant class today. It will be a huge transition period for all of us as we try to get her onto a new schedule. She's been sleeping through the night since she was 9 weeks old and I don't want to mess that up!

Her biggest milestones this month were:
She loves to give "high fives" on demand 
Rubs her fingers together like she is trying to snap her fingers
Pulls herself up on everything and scoots around (not new, but she's getting better at it)
She stands up in her crib and tries to escape.
She started eating new foods like eggs, apples, cheese, rice and raspberries. She's going to try "school" lunch for the first time tomorrow so we'll see how that goes! 

We went to the vineyard for the first time in a long time, and it was E's first time too! 


Football season has started and Emerson already loves her Tigers! We haven't taken her to a game yet because it's been so hot but we might take her to a game in October or November. 





We played with some friends and we are learning to get tough around these boys and older kids.








My mom, sister and stepdad took Emerson and baby Andrew to the Farmer's Market and they look so serious, haha. 






Andrew was out of town this weekend so my mom, sister, cousin and I took all of the babies to the zoo for the first time! It was so much fun and she just loved watching all of the animals and was watching their every move. 





I love getting daily pictures from her school! All of the pictures below were taken by her teachers.











I am still nursing her twice a day (morning and night) and then she gets 3 bottles at school. However, since she moved up to the next class today, we're going to transition her to eat "lunch" and try to drop a bottle. She still doesn't have any teeth so it will be interesting to see what she can eat. 

I am still making all of her food but now that she'll be eating the school lunch menu, I won't need to make as much as I have been. I'll still continue to take her oatmeal and another homemade snack such as sweet potatoes or other veggies and fruits. 

She is still wearing primarily 6 month clothes (although she still fits in a lot of 3 month) and size 2 diapers.

I can't believe she'll be 9 months in just a few short weeks. I'll be planning her first birthday party before we know it and that just breaks my heart. My baby is getting so big and this mama can't handle it. 





1 comment :

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin