Something I've Never Talked About on Social Media

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

It seems as though all of my posts lately have felt like they've been weekly bump dates…and that's because they have been. I've always enjoyed blogging but once I took a break this past spring due to a lot of personal reasons, I had a difficult time getting back into the groove of pulling out my laptop and trying to come up with creative topics. Once I got pregnant, I thought this could be a new outlet for me to talk about my pregnancy and really just to document so that I can look back at my first experience of motherhood. And, then I got into the rut of coming home, cooking dinner, cleaning and going to bed because pregnancy, duh. 

What you don't know and something that I've had on my mind for a long time and never had the guts to share, is that as wonderful as my pregnancy has been so far, it was an extremely difficult journey getting to this point. 

Andrew and I moved into our first home together exactly two years ago this week. And, we started trying to get pregnant the day we moved in. Literally. At the time, I was 26 years old and knew that we were both ready to start our family. I'm not going to say that I was completely naive and thought it would be "easy" to get pregnant, but I certainly had no idea what the next year and a half would bring. 

Lots of tears, lots of doctors appointments, lots of medications, unanswered questions and even surgery. 

Don't judge, I know this is a terrible photo but after spending hours and hours in the doctor's office, you get bored and start taking selfies. 


I think I am finally to the point where I am ready to talk about my journey with infertility and I hope that this will inspire some of you and hope that if anyone has gone through or is currently going through this, it will keep you positive knowing that you are not alone in this journey. 

I will probably split this up into several posts of what I personally went through, posts about my jealousy and anger of others and even emotional posts that I wrote during that time period. 

I would love for you to follow this journey with me but if this isn't your jam, I totally understand and I am seriously going to bring back some of my beauty and recipe posts very soon! 

8 comments :

  1. Good for you for opening up about this! I've found strength from being open about it--and have realized I'm not alone out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear. I look forward to your upcoming posts. I'm sure it hasn't been the easiest journey in getting here, but I bet it'll all become a blur the day when your baby girl is in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can speak from experience and say that opening up about infertilty was one of the most freeing experiences. It was crazy the number of people who were like "Stop it! You too?!" You are so brave to share your story and I have no doubt that someone will see it and find an incredible amount of comfort in knowing they are not alone! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you're sharing this. You spend your whole life avoiding pregnancy and then one day when you want it you have no idea if it will happen easily or be very hard. It's a silent battle many couples face and I know it must be hard to talk about it. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So brave of you to share your story like this! I will definitely be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know, infertility is a subject that is near and dear to my heart! So beyond happy for you! And wish you lived closer so we could grab mocktails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, I'm so glad that you posted this! I am so so happy for you and Andrew but I know a lot of people experiencing what you had to go through. I'm really looking forward to reading your posts on this topic! I think it will help a lot of others on their journey.
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin