Can't Live Without It: Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Happy Friday! I am so glad the weekend is here, aren't you? Today I am I'm linking up with StephCait and Laura for Can't Live Without It.



Key word here: Magic.
This soap has changed my view on cleaning my makeup brushes. I am sure this can serve other purposes, but this is what I use it for. Previous to finding this little bar of heaven, I depended on Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. While this is a very gentle shampoo and doesn't damage the bristles, I didn't feel as if it cleaned the bristles as well as I hoped. I had heard of the Beauty Blender cleaner and was going to give it a shot, but for nearly $16 for 1 ounce, I was extremely hesitant. That is when I began the search. After googling and Youtubing, I kept hearing about this magic soap. Cue in Dr. Bronner's. I began to watch videos about how this was a complete dupe for the beauty blender cleaner. The bar of soap is under $5 and is five times the size of the beauty blender. Five times! I thought, what a bargain! Now, if it actually works, this will this be amazing! The next time I was at Target, I picked this bad boy up, hoping it would fulfill all of my dreams. 
And, it did.

This stuff is seriously amazing. 


I am totally embarrassed to show you what my brushes look like dirty. I typically like to "deep" clean my brushes every two weeks. I "spot" clean my brushes daily. To deep clean, I use Dr. Bronners, while I use my Mac Brush Cleaner to spot clean on an everyday occasion if I am using different colors that I don't want to mix.

What is it?
Organic soap consisting of coconut oil, palm oil, sodium hydroxide, water, sea salt, lavender extract and citric acid.



How I use it
I wet the bristles with warm water, making sure not to get the handle wet. I rub the brush back and forth on the bar of soap to create suds and then squeeze and rinse off under the water. I then put my clean brushes on a towel so that they can easily dry. 

How I store it
I use this travel dish container to store the bar of soap in. It is easy to store and travel with and is only $.97! As an added bonus, I keep the soap in this while I clean them so I don't get my hands dirty from makeup or get prune fingers from getting my hands under the water.

Unfortunately, my local Target doesn't offer but only two different scents in the bar form, lavender and peppermint. I have the lavender scent and love how fresh and spa like it smells. Dr. Bronner's is also offered in liquid form, but I haven't tried that yet. I'd like to try the almond next! 


Here are more options that are available here. I really want to try the almond scent next!

OK. Enough about what it actually says it's going to do...let's prove it! 

Before:




After:
(sorry, the lighting is awful...clearly, this was later at night)


Magic, huh? Okay..you are welcome, now go buy it!! Let me know if y'all are interested in seeing a makeup brush collection!

Have a great weekend!
xoxo

11 comments :

  1. I've seen that product a few times in the store but haven't picked it up!! Looks like you have lots of brushes - totally do a post on it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all (holy brushes!!) girl that is an arsenal!! I am totally going to go buy this soap next time I am at Target. I won't admit how often my brushes get cleaned...ewwwwwwwwww. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I def don't wash my brushes as often as I should simply because I don't have a good process. Rubbing them in a bar of soap is definitely easy and bonus points for a lavender scent! I'm trying this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES we LOVE Dr. Bronner's soap over here (I'm a total hippie) - the baby one is the only thing I wash my little guy with! It's also the base for my homemade body wash etc! so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great product! Will try this out soon! :) Cute blog layout
    -Jenna <3
    If you follow, I will follow back! The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is impressive! I have never heard of this stuff but definitely picking some up on my next Target run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE BLOG!!! Thanks for sharing a nice information. Beauty Blender, the little spongy hot-pink egg that has flipped and reversed our whole makeup method, in the best way possible.
    check out Beauty Blender Dubai & Buy Cosmetics Products Online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.dr bronner's castile soap canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! i am very impressed with your lovely post.. I am so glad to left comment on this..This has been a so interesting read, would love to read more here… dr bronner's castile soap canada

    ReplyDelete
  10. When it comes to the pool cleaners in your mind, you may think of a heavy and a big device. However, Zodiac mx8 is an automatic pool cleaner that is light in weight and that is normal in size. If you are thinking to clean your pool in an automatic way then have a look at zodiac mx8 reviews.

    if you want more just look here "zodiac mx8 review"

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you want to make your house clean then you should know about drain cleaning.
    Do you know which are the best drain cleaners in the market?
    Then you should click the below link
    "Read Drain Cleaner Reviews"

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin