5 New Products at the Drugstore

Monday, April 20, 2015

5 New Drugstore Products

I have always been a huge fan of shopping at the drugstore. Whether it is for beauty products, nail, or hair care, I truly feel there are a few brands that really knock it out of the park. This is not to say that I don't enjoy shopping for high end products at Sephora, Nordstrom, or Ulta, but if I can save money at the drugstore and feel like I'm getting a decent quality product then I am all for it.

Recently, the drugstore has been killing it. Whether it is skin care, beauty, hair, or nails, I haven't been able to walk out of Target with at least one thing in my basket. These might not all necessarily be brand new to the drugstore, but they are new to me. I have used each of these items for several weeks so I feel like I can provide an accurate review.

One.
Freeman's Face Mask
These are definitely not new to the drugstore, but they have recently launched new scents to accommodate different skin types. One of my favorite things to do is completely clean my face using my Clarisonic, then add a face mask. I usually let it sit a while longer than it says to (usually about 30-45 minutes) just to make sure it gets the job done! At less than $4 each for a huge tube, I have several of these. My most recent purchase was the Sweet Tea & Lemon. This is a peel-away mask, where most of the other Freeman masks are wash-away. I really enjoy peeling the mask off, kind of like peeling off your skin when you have a sunburn...ok, too gross? I hesitated at first with this oddly named item, but then smelled it and it just reminded me of sweet summertime here in the south, and I have been loving it! The mask leaves my face feeling bright and silky smooth.

Two.
L'Oreal Infallible Foundation
This is newer to the drugstore, and I was able to pick it up a few weeks ago to replace my Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation in shade 105/110 (I mix the two colors to get the perfect color for me). I had been loving this, and I had just finished my third bottle, but I like to change up my foundation after a couple of times because I feel like my skin doesn't break out as much.  I picked up the L'Oreal Infallible in shade 102, and I have really enjoyed using it. My skin is typically combination; dry in the mornings but gets oily in my t-zone throughout the day. Because my skin can get rather oily, I need a foundation that will keep me matte throughout the day and won't slide off. This L'Oreal Infallible foundation does a fabulous job of not only covering up any imperfections and smoothing out the skin, but also keeping me from having to powder throughout the day.

Three.
Cover Girl LashBlast Volume Mascara
As y'all know, I use two different mascaras every day. I'm not sure why, but I've always started out with an inexpensive mascara and then topped it off with a higher end. I know, it doesn't make sense but this girl is set in her ways. I had heard about the Cover Girl LashBlast and wanted to see what the hype was all about. I really feel that this not only makes my lashes fuller, but does a good job of separating and lengthening my lashes. I could definitely just stop right there and do two layers, but oh no. For even fuller lashes, I add my most beloved mascara.

Four.
Sonia Kashuk Sahara Sunset Nail Colour - Sunray
Again,  Sonia Kashuk's nail polishes are not necessarily brand new to the drugstore, but she has recently added some new colors to her collection. I really like Sonia Kashuk nail polishes because they are pretty darn opaque and are easy to apply. I always begin using my OPI base coat, two coats of polish then top it off with my all time favorite Seche Vite top coat. (I will seriously never purchase a different top coat ever in my life). It's that good.  I use this process with any type of color that I use because for me, it makes the color last days longer and chip free! The Sunray shade is a perfect spring time color with a hint of sheen. Perfection.

Five.
Rimmel Provocalips Lip Color
I only have this in a few colors including Kiss Me You Fool and Skinny Dipping, but I might just have to go back and buy more! If you are familiar with Rimmel's Apocalips, then you will love these! It comes in a wide range of colors, and glides on like a stain and then once it turns matte, you use the other end, which is a gloss to make it shiny. This stays on for hours. After drinking. After eating...you name it. It stays put! Definitely will be purchasing more of these.

I hope y'all enjoyed this beauty post today! Be sure to check out your local drugstore and let me know what your current favorites are at the moment! 



4 comments :

  1. I totally agree - the drugstore brands have been getting it right - especially in the mascara department - I have so many that I love now!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rimmel Provocalips lip colors are crazy good, they really do last forever on my lips, I definitely want to get more colors too :D

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't buy drugstore makeup but those lip colors all look so pretty!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot of good opinions about L'Oreal Infallible Foundation - and now I think I'm gonna have to try it myself ;)

    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com/ - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin