37 Week Bumpdate

Wednesday, January 4, 2017


How far along? 37 weeks, 6 days

Baby's size? Honeydew

Gender: Sweet baby girl

Total weight gain/loss: I went to the doctor today and my fluids are low, therefore I've lost a few pounds so my current weight gain is 10 pounds. 

Maternity clothes? Same as usual…maternity pants but normal dresses/tops. I've been loving maternity tights and leggings though!

Sleep: It is becoming more difficult to get comfortable while sleeping. I toss and turn a lot because my ribcage is stretching out and my cartilage is starting to tear so I have to be really careful when switching sides. 

Best moment this week: We hosted our third annual New Years dinner with close friends and it was so fun to catch up with them. It was our last dinner with us being the only ones without kids! Also, I got to see my girl on ultrasound today! 

Miss Anything? I made a batch of homemade cookies this weekend for our NY dinner and everyone raved about them and how they were some of the best cookies they've ever had and of course, I couldn't enjoy one. I might have taken a small bite just to make sure they were edible, but that was about it. 

Movement: A lot! Her head is still down, and bum is in my ribs and she is all sprawled out! 

Food cravings: I haven't craved much lately but have enjoyed salads and Mexican taco salads and burrito bowls.

Anything making you queasy or sick? No.

Symptoms: Still have a ton of pressure and most recently, my ribcage is beginning to stretch and I feel a burning sensation in my upper abdomen. It feels like a bad sunburn which is so odd but it's normal.

Looking forward to: Potentially meeting our girl sooner than we originally thought! My fluids are low and if they continue to stay low, I will be induced. I really don't care to be induced and want her to come naturally, so let's pray my fluids come up. I've been coming home from work every night, getting straight in bed and just relaxing and drinking lots of water. Andrew has been super helpful with cooking dinner, cleaning and just helping out around the house.

Gestational Diabetes Check-In: My doctors have seemed to forget that I have GD because they never ask for my sugar levels anymore and I was even told that they don't really think I have it…I about freaked out. Really? You don't tell a 37 week pregnant woman who has been super careful with her diet for the past 9 weeks that you might have misdiagnosed her. I am glad that I have monitored my diet because that is healthier for the baby, but it would have made me less stressed this entire time! 

More BABY posts 

1 comment :

  1. Take it as a compliment that you're managing your sugars well! My husband has type 1, and he got his levels under such good control that his A1C was within range for a non-diabetic. An endocrinologist of all people tried to tell him he had been misdiagnosed and didn't need insulin. Luckily, he knew better than to listen.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin