Old Wives Tales Gender Prediction

Thursday, August 4, 2016

I can't tell you how excited I am to find out what baby E is! It was so fun seeing our babe on the ultrasound screen yesterday. I honestly get butterflies every time I see him/her. The baby is beginning to get little features and I just get so giddy. 

I've seen these gender prediction tests floating around the blog world so I thought I'd put them to the test and then report back to y'all once we find out this weekend! 

Alright, here we go…


Sleep Position
Pay attention to which way you lay down in bed tonight. If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? You're pregnant with a girl. 

BOY - I have always favored my left side and this hasn't changed since I got pregnant

Upset Stomach
Little girls aren't always sweet. Nausea means you are having a daughter. 

BOY - I haven't really felt any nausea throughout my pregnancy. 

Soft or Dry Hands
If your hands are dry during pregnancy, you are having a boy; soft - expect a girl. 

BOY - My hands have gotten so dry and I have been having to constantly put lotion on them.

Food Cravings
Your favorite pregnancy foods may tell you what sex the baby is. If you're craving citrus while pregnant, you'e having a girl. 

GIRL - I have been loving peaches, apples and lemons 

Adult Acne
If altering hormones make your skin break out, expect a girl. 

BOY - I've always had pretty clear skin and this hasn't changed since getting pregnant 

Graceful or Clumsy Pregnancy 
If you feel as though you're gliding through the day, you'll have a girl. Stumbling? It's a boy. 

GIRL - I haven't noticed any differences in my balance. 

Face Weight gain
If your face gets fuller, it means you're having a girl. 

BOY - it looks the same to me. Not to say it isn't full…but it hasn't changed since I got pregnant. 

Sugar and Spice Food Cravings
Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips, pretzels and popcorn means a boy is on the way. Need a little something sweet? Ice cream, chocolate, and candy means you're having an girl. 

BOY - I've always been a salty person and haven't loved sweets so that's pretty much stayed the same. However, I definitely love some frozen yogurt every now and then! 

Mood Changes 
If you're experiencing pregnant mood-swings, expect a baby girl to arrive soon. 

BOY - My mood hasn't really changed. Don't get me wrong, I'll have my moments (just ask my husband), but it's been pretty normal. 

Baby Weight
If you're carrying baby in front, it's a boy. Is the baby weight spaced all around your middle? It's a girl. 

GIRL - I'm still really not showing yet but my belly just looks bigger overall. 

Model Your Hands
"Show me your hands." If you would hold your hands palms up, it's a girl. Down? You're having a boy. 

GIRL - I just tried this out and palms up. 

Even and Odd Numbers
If your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it's a girl. One even, one odd means a boy. 

GIRL - 28 and year of conception was 2016

Baby's Heartbeat
If the baby's heart beats more than 150 times per minute, you're pregnant with a girl. Less than 150, it's a boy. 

GIRL - It's been up and down but the highest has been 171 and the lowest (Wednesday) was 151 so it's kind of a toss up! Although, I asked the sonographer today and she said she doesn't believe this is an accurate test. 

Stress Test
A child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception. 

GIRL - This is a tough one. I am usually the more stressed one in the relationship, but Andrew's father passed weeks before conception so I might think he was more stressed than me during that certain time period. 

Dream Meanings
If you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.

I haven't had any crazy dreams yet and actually, none of them have been related to the baby!

Breast Size
If you're right breast is larger than the left while pregnant, you're having a girl. If the left is larger, it's a boy. 

BOY - basically starting at like week 6, I told Andrew that I thought my left breast was larger and that hasn't changed. 

Let's tally them up and see what my score is! 

BOY - 8
GIRL - 7

I honestly didn't think it was going to be this close! We will have our gender reveal party this weekend and I'll be checking back in (most likely Sunday night) to share whether Baby E is a boy or girl! 

What are your predictions? If you've done this test before, were any of them right?


4 comments :

  1. These are fun! My sister in law is 20 weeks and found out last week the gender. BUT she and my brother won't tell anyone! I keep asking her 2 year old in hopes she'll give me the goods! :o) Guess I'll just have to wait until Christmas!

    Can't wait for you to spill the beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if the heart rate is normally higher than 150 bpm i giess girl because with our 5 babies (2 boys 3 girls) our girls were always higher than 150 bpm and our boys were always lower that doesnt mean its the MOST accurate but i started using that way after boy number 2 and it always worked for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. if the heart rate is normally higher than 150 bpm i giess girl because with our 5 babies (2 boys 3 girls) our girls were always higher than 150 bpm and our boys were always lower that doesnt mean its the MOST accurate but i started using that way after boy number 2 and it always worked for me

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin