#LillyforTarget

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lilly for Target


So I had something completely different planned for today's post, but I just had to tell y'all about my experience I had at Target Sunday morning.  As most of you know, Target and Lilly Pulitzer created a limited collection that was bound to sell out fast..and that it did!
This is how it all began. 

I woke up, showered, and headed out the door at 6:55am in the pouring rain. I headed straight towards Starbucks and got Steph and I coffee because there was no way I would be able to stand in that line without one. Luckily, Target is right next door so I got there at 7:15 and was amazed that the line appeared that it started hours before I even woke up. Luckily, we were only probably about number 20 in line. Y'all, people were literally camping out with chairs and all. I met another friend there and as I met her in line, she had been on hold with Target for several minutes waiting to talk to customer service about her online orders and the site completely crashing the night before. Steph arrived shortly after I texted her a picture of the line wrapping around the building! Before the doors opened, the sales associates came outside to give us some deets like "no returns after 14 days, this is only a limited collection so there might be only 1 or 2 in each size, no running, and don't trample on those around you." The doors opened at 8, and then everyone's shame was completely lost. I mean, running towards every direction and pretty much falling over people. Steph and I headed directly towards the woman's section and just snagged whatever we could find that was in our size. It didn't even matter at this point if we even wanted it, but we grabbed it. I know this sounds bad, but trust me, we were not as bad as some of the other crazies! Approximately 3 minutes after getting to the racks, they were completely empty. I mean, dunzo. Gone. Our other friend has two precious girls, so she headed to that section and absolutely killed the little girl's section. Once the woman's section was cleared out, Steph and I headed back to the outdoor patio section where we were told was the home decor and outdoor items. Much to our dismay, most of it was already gone, but realized ladies just standing in line by the warehouse doors. We looked at each other like what in the world is going on? In a matter of seconds, employees brought out a few more carts with the beach towels, totes and umbrellas and before it hardly got out of the doors, it was gone. I luckily was able to snag a tote that I may or may not have been in a tug-a-war contest with. 

After that chaos was over with, we leisurely did laps around the store to see if we missed anything. At this point, we just stopped in the middle of aisles to hear conversations of people trading items. They all admitted that the just grabbed to grab and were literally trying to trade for items they missed out on.
We decided it was time to go and checked out. We were paying and I told Steph, "I literally have the shakes" and was getting dizzy. I don't know if it was the adrenaline or just the realization of what had just happened. 

These are all of the items I scored, and I'm not gonna lie, I got out of there with some good stuff. I would have liked to get a few different patterns, but this was all I could literally get my hands on. 

Y'all, bitches be crazy. Admittedly, I was one of them today. And, was it worth it? Absolutely.

And, just for your pleasure, I tried to capture this experience I hope to never experience again.











3 comments :

  1. it was an experience to say the least! thanks for holding our place! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was craziness for sure!! And the racks were SOOOO small- I mean, 1-2 of each size is a little ridiculous if you ask me. Can't wait til my dress comes in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better you than me! I didn't even attempt it - I enjoy my sleep way more than standing in line :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin