Bookshelf Accents

Monday, April 27, 2015

I have had the most difficult time creating a look for my bookshelf. Our living room doesn't have any built in bookcases, so I knew that I wanted to add a bookshelf to add some character. 
I got this bookshelf for Christmas, and love it for our little space! I am debating on getting another one for the other side of our fireplace to make it symmetrical. Thoughts? 

I have either received these accent pieces as gifts or purchased them on my own, and I am still looking for more! Although it is so close to being finished, I am needing something to go on the top shelf. I am thinking a long, rectangular succulent planter like this. What are your thoughts on putting something on the wall above the shelf? I was thinking of possibly something like this mirror but don't want to overcrowd the space. I would love your suggestions!



Before:

After:






Have any of you had a difficult time putting your bookshelf together? I would love any tips of advice or suggestions! 

2 comments :

  1. Oooo I love the succulent planter idea! Styling shelves is definitely not easy. I move mine around all the time! I usually go with the less is more philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Styling shelves is the bane of my existence...I got rid of ours because I could never get them to look right!! But yours are looking great! Def do with something above the top shelf on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin