Mexico Recap: Part One

Sunday, September 27, 2015

We're baaack! Sadly, the trip went by extremely fast as vacations always do, but it was well worth the time and money spent. 

Looking back, I don't think I ever actually told you where we were exactly going or staying.  My husband is a huge fan of planning, researching and mastering an Excel spreadsheet, so he had the honors of planning our entire vacation. And, I was totally fine with that. To be honest, it kind of stresses me out to plan a vacation so I was cool with basically just showing up and enjoying the trip.


After a few weeks of research and reviews, Andrew picked The Beloved Hotel in Playa Mujeres, Mexico. And, he couldn't have done a better job.






Beloved is a boutique hotel which basically means that it is a smaller, all inclusive resort that is more of a contemporary style. With only 109 rooms and only about 75% occupancy, the resort felt very intimate and exclusive. Children are welcome, however, with it being nearly October and off-season, there were hardly any children due to school being in. 

The views, food, activities and hospitable staff completely made our trip memorable. I will be sharing our food in a different post because let's be real, that is the majority of my pictures! The staff was incredible and we were so impressed with their ability to speak our English language so clearly. I briefly lived in Spain years and years ago and was completely fluent in the language. But, because I haven't used the language in a long time, I have slowly lost it. It makes me really sad because it was something I truly enjoyed, but it did make me happy to be able to somewhat understand and speak Spanish to the staff. 


 The resort offers so many activities but because activity typically equals work, and we came on a vacation… remember? For us, this was a trip to relax and basically be lazy, so that's exactly what we did. 

Our day consisted of waking up early, getting ready for the beach, either calling in room service or heading to one of the restaurants for breakfast, then picking out our bed and chairs on the beach. We got to the beach around 8:30 am each morning to allow us plenty of time to eat, drink and get a Mexican suntan. Andrew read a couple of books being the speed reader he is. And, I did nothing but relax. I really wish I was a good reader, but reading for fun just isn't really my thing. Watching trashy tv? Now we're speaking my language. I caught up on sleep and went back and forth from the ocean to the swim up bar at the pool.


The hotel has several bars throughout the resort that include a Natura bar that makes smoothies, crepes, ice cream and more "natural" foods. Surrounding the bar, they had pool tables, foosball and ping pong tables so we enjoyed doing that while taking a break from the beach.


One of my most favorite things about the trip was the nightly music. We would get a margarita or fancy cocktail from our favorite bartender, then head outside to the Lupita Lounge and enjoy jazz, Latin and other forms of entertainment. 


They were so amazing and I would honestly pay money to hear them again. 


How beautiful is this view? I still can't get over how blue the water was and how white the sand. 


Andrew totally nailed it, and I can't wait for him to start planning our next trip. Hint, hint. In fact, we have already started our wish list of places to visit.

Be on the lookout for more related posts this week as I'll be recapping the food and a few more pictures!

Now, to say that going back to work tomorrow and going through my hundreds of emails excites me, is most definitely an understatement.




*a few of these pictures from this post were provided by the hotel's website

3 comments :

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing trip and this hotel looks so beautiful! I love boutique hotels too. We went to a boutique hotel for our honeymoon and it was so gorgeous and relaxing. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh the hotel is gorgeous! Is Playa Mujeres on Isla Mujeres? If so we went there for a day trip a few years ago and it's seriously stunning, just like your pictures show! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not quite sure how you got on a plane to come back! Looks like paradise down there.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin