Essence Gel Polish Review

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hey y'all! Do I have a treat for you or what! You all know my love affair with nail polish and can read several posts here and here

I hit the jackpot with this one. 

Do you ever just walk aimlessly around stores? So do I. I was at Ulta one day and had heard of Essence Cosmetics but had never tried any products. I have been dying to get my hands on the Barry M gel polish but is sadly only sold in Europe. This polish seems like the closest comparison to the unattainable one. 

No lamp. No mess. And basically free. 

Add your favorite base coat, 2 coats of gel polish (I use 3 for the soft pink), and then add your favorite top coat

Yes, it is that simple. 


To begin, I am definitely not a professional and do not consider myself "good" at doing my own nails, but I actually never get a manicure because they can be pricey. I have taught myself over the years how to make my nails look decent, so I just prefer to do my own. However, I do a much less than perfect job at my toes, so I definitely splurge for a pedicure. 

Did I mention this polish is $1.99? Oh, just the cheapest nail polish I've ever found and it is one of the best. Yes, that is a bold statement and I'm not afraid to tell you that I like it just as much as any of my OPI, Essie, Chanel, Butter London or high end nail polishes. And maybe a little better. Ahh. I said it. 

The applicator is nice and thick and paints the nail very evenly. 

The polish is thick and you can tell it is not a regular polish and I love that. 

It lasts for daysssss. I feel like I wash my hands very often, but I am fairly easy on them. For that reason, nail polish lasts pretty long on my nails. The last picture is day 6 for me and I ended up taking it off at day 8. So, it might not last 2 weeks like a gel manicure at the salon, but it also costs $1.99 and not $30. 

| Day 5 |

| Day 4 |

| Day 6 | 


I am dying to try the rest of the colors, especially the copper and black! I think they will be great colors for the fall and winter. 

Have you tried these? If you haven't….run and go try them out!!

4 comments :

  1. I am so loyal to Essie but I may need to try these! I love the light pink on you and that shade of red is perfect for right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I have a gel top coat from Essence but it definitely doesn't make my polish last that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty fantastic - so what top coat and base coats do you use?! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely be picking up one of these next time I'm at Ulta. The Essence lip liner's are some of my favorites and they're $1.49. Thanks for sharing this!

    Louboutins & Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin