The Ugliest Word of All: Cancer

Monday, November 2, 2015

Well, hello there! I've been a little MIA lately and I apologize for my absence on this little space of mine. I have been meaning to get on here each day and just talk to you and express how I've been feeling for the past few weeks but I've just needed time. 

Twelve days ago, my father in law was diagnosed with brain cancer. 

Cancer


That is a word I'd never dreamed of typing on here. But, it is reality and I'm going to talk about it. Maybe not today because let's be real, I'm drained. But, I think it is important to talk about the good, bad and the very, very ugly.  

In the past eleven days, I've driven over 1500 miles from Greenville to Columbia, back to Greenville, back to Columbia. Then we made our journey to Duke University Hospital. Back to Greenville. Back to Durham. Then to Columbia, then back to Greenville today. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. 

I know that he is being provided the best care in the country at Duke so I have faith that we will overcome this.

So, please excuse me while I take a little blogging break to spend time with my family. 

Oh and did I mention that this weekend my baby sister is getting married?! I absolutely can. not. wait to stand by her side and watch her marry the love of her life. 

Please send happy thoughts our way! 

xoxo

8 comments :

  1. Continuing to send lots of happy thoughts and prayers and well wishes your way! I hope that we'll get to see you and Andrew on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs and love. Cancer is the worst word ever. I know that icky icky feeling when it rips through your life. I will pray for you and your family. Keep being that bright shining light that you are! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you! I really hope that they are able to find a way to get rid of his cancer. Hang in there Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending so many prayers to your family!! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this and am thinking about you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers to you and your family!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to read this - praying for you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I am so so sorry. I can't even imagine having to deal with that. Prayers for your entire family

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin