November Favorites

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Can someone please tell me where did the entire month of November went? 

Life has been super busy with traveling, weddings, hospital visits and the holidays. I didn't even take one picture at Thanksgiving. We spent the majority of the holiday in the hospital and I just couldn't force myself to pretend to be happy so that means there is no documentation. 

The month of November was not a favorite and it was probably the hardest month we've had yet, but I still managed to collect a few goodies over the past month to share with you.

Yes, I am well aware that some of these are completely random but hey…they don't always have to be beauty related!

November Favorites

Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder // This has transitioned into my every day setting powder. I love that it doesn't add any color but does mattify and "set" my foundation. 

Sigma Highlight Brush // I use this to set my under eyes and it does a great job of fitting in all of the crevices of my puffy and dark circled eyes. 

First Aide Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy // For the above reasons (puffy and dark circles), this helps reduce the amount of puffiness and color corrects to help brighten.

Ricola Dual Action Cough Drops // So random but I've gotten addicted to these and I'm not proud. I pop them in my mouth like they are candy. My current favorite flavors are cherry and mint. They are filled with a liquid that is actually really strong since it's medicated but leaves your mouth feeling so clean! Oh, and I guess it does a good job of helping with a sore throat but clearly that isn't why I've been eating them. 

Rewind Candle in Merlot // Wine in a candle? Yes please. You know these candles are some of my favorites but as I go through one after another, I can't help but share. Merlot is my favorite scent for fall but I smelt the Rose the other day and that's on my Christmas list. Oh, and did you know that they now make a 3 wick candle so it's extra big? 

Adele "Hello" // I know this song has been so overplayed but I can't stop belting out to it every time it comes on in the car! And did you know that the album "25" does not signify her current age but actually the age she was when she went through the events that her lyrics are based on?

Thai Massaman Curry // The first few days we were in the hospital with Andrew's dad, one of his friends brought us a bunch of Thai dishes and this Massaman dish was called "Amazing!" on the menu. We had no idea what it was but let me tell you…the name of it was accurate! After researching "Thai peanut curry sauce," we found out that it was called Massaman. Well, have you know it…it is a common curry dish at our local Thai restaurant and it's been on repeat. Sorry not sorry.

iPhone 6s // I am kind of jumping the gun on this one but I have a feeling it'll definitely be a favorite. I bought this tonight so I really don't have many reviews yet but I can already tell that I'm going to love it more than my iPhone 5s. More storage, 3D and better camera? I'm in. Please leave any recommendations for cell phone cases!! Mine is still naked and need one ASAP. Would love to find a local shop if possible!

Clemson Tigers // I saved the best for last. My Tigers have been ranked #1 in the country all month long and I am so incredibly proud. We haven't won a National Championship since 1981 and this is the closest we've gotten since then! We are heading to Charlotte for the ACC Championship game this weekend against UNC and I pray we win! (Sorry, Evelina!) They have worked so hard to get where they are and I can't wait to hopefully support them in AZ in January! 

We will be going to get our Christmas tree tomorrow and I will finally start decorating for my favorite holiday! I feel like we are probably the last people on earth to be getting a tree, but better late than never? Oh, and then I have to send out my Christmas cards.

Linking up with Annie and Natalie for Thoughts for Thursday! 


5 comments :

  1. I'm so sorry that November was such a hard month for you - praying for an easier December!! You'll love your new phone! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you smelled the Riesling Retwined candle? So good! Can't wait to see y'all this weekend in Charlotte!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear such good things about the Laura Mercier powder. I'm also tempted by the smaller size at the Sephora checkout every time in there. The Adele CD is amazing and I am so obsessed with it. I'm excited for the championship game too, I'm just hoping my Tar Heels win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those rewind candles and of course I'm obsessed with the Adele CD too. Water under the bridge is my favorite song. I've listened to it countless times!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope things get better for your father-in-law. I know that the holidays can be extra difficult when a loved one isn't doing well. I have been thinking of you over the past couple of weeks with that upcoming UNC/Clemson game! Are you going to it? I want the Tigers to do well for you, but I have to cheer on those Tar Heels!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin