Lemon Chicken and Potatoes in Foil

Monday, June 15, 2015

I tried a new recipe tonight and it will most definitely be on repeat! I can always depend on Damn Delicious for a quick yet delicious meal! I've tried so many of her recipes and I keep going back for more! 
This 30 minute meal is mess free and easy to put together if you are in a hurry. You can find the full recipe here.

Ingredients:
4 pieces of thinly cut chicken breasts
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
Zest of 1 lemon
1 lemon, thinly sliced
2 lbs baby red potatoes
Fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, thyme, rosemary, mustards, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cut 4 pieces of foil, enough to fully cover the entire chicken. Divide potatoes into four and layer them in a single layer on the foil. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Lay a piece of chicken on each foil and rub mustard mixture on front and back of chicken.
Top with lemon slices.
Completely cover the packets to secure them.
Cook for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
In the last few minutes, open up the packets and broil for about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!





Overall, I was really impressed with the way it turned out. The chicken was so tender and juicy.
The only change I will make next time is the potatoes. I'm not sure if I cut them too large, but I ended up having to put them back in the oven to cook longer because they weren't cooked through all the way. Another option would be to increase the oven temp to 400 degrees. Other than that, the husband and I were both full and happy!

Have a great day, y'all! 

xoxo


1 comment :

  1. Yum yum and more yum! I love that each one is individually wrapped - makes it so easy to serve! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love here!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin